SMS - The Complete Modeling Solution
Flexible modeling approaches
Aquaveo pioneered the conceptual model approach. Build a conceptual model in SMS by constructing a high level representation of the model using familiar GIS objects: points, arcs and polygons. Work with large, complex models in a simple and efficient manner by using the conceptual modeling approach and easily update or change the model as needed.
SMS also has powerful tools to build meshes and grids.
3D visualization optimized for performance
SMS is the most advanced software system available for performing surface-water simulations in a three-dimensional environment.
- Interact with models in true 3D
- Optimized OpenGL graphics for improved hardware rendering
- Create photo-realistic renderings
- Generate animations for PowerPoint or web presentations
- Drape /images over the model and control the opacity
- Annotations – Add north arrows, scale bars, reference /images, company logos, and more
Import what you need
Models require data from many different sources. That’s why SMS is built to easily import numerous file types:
- Raster /images including georeference and projection support
- Topographical maps & aerial photos
- Elevation & bathymetry data
- Web data services such as TerraServer
- ArcGIS geodatabases and shapefiles
- CAD files including .dwg, .dgn, and .dxf formats
- Worldwide projection support including Cartesian and Geographic Systems
- File Import wizard for delimited text files and spreadsheets
View a complete list of raster, DEM, and vector
file types supported by SMS.
Advanced riverine & coastal modeling
SMS interfaces with a wide range of numerical models for applications including:
- Riverine analysis
- Contaminant transport
- Sediment transport
- Particle tracking
- Rural & urban flooding
- Coastal circulation
- Inlet & wave modeling
Software from an Industry Leader
SMS is developed by Aquaveo, an engineering services company with many years of experience developing groundwater modeling solutions.
- Step-by-step tutorials and how-to videos
- Online community forum and product documentation
- Phone and email technical support
- Regularly scheduled training courses taught by expert modelers
- On-site training available
- Professional consulting services