What's New in SMS 13.2
The following is a list of the more significant changes and new features available in SMS 13.2.
Keep your license current by paying annual maintenance to continue receiving all available updates, releases, and technical support. New licenses include maintenance for 1 full year.
SRH-2D Interface & Model Updates
- Support for the latest model release: SRH-2D v3.5
- Sediment transport support
- Pressure simulated using ceiling dataset (generated from 3D bridges)
- Specify flow direction through a 1D structure
- Model HY-8 structures as "links" to allow for 2D overland flow
- Automatic calibration of models based on modifying Flow rates or Manning's N values to match field data
- Advanced simulation management to review scenarios with modified boundary conditions (inflows and exit), roughness values, and initial conditions
- Create floodway evaluation lines
- Unit flow-based floodway delineation
- Floodway delineation through a tributary
- Tools for simulation comparison
Map Module Updates
- Improved Blend function
- Improved Source/Target redistribution
- Create cross section from sequential points in xyz file
- Split cross section (Remove long arc segments tool)
- Orient cross sections to centerline (Reverse Right → Left Cross sections tool)
- Detect/remove invalid cross sections segments relative to centerline (Remove invalid cross section segments tool)
- Reproject cross sections relative to centerline (Reproject cross sections tool)
- Interpolate cross sections (tool)
- Trim cross sections (tool)
- Option to export map coverage attributes
UGrid Clipping Visualization
Use the UGrid Clipping tool to cut away portions of a UGrid and visualize data anywhere inside the UGrid using a clipping plane or scaler dataset values.
Data is now more shareable between projects allowing the user to export and import model specific coverages for use between projects. File organization has been updated with folders created next to the project file.
STWAVE Interface Updates
Improved and simplified population/specification of boundary condition wave cases.
A new, general-purpose toolbox is now available in beta that allows SMS to execute Python scripts. These new tools help automate and simplify many workflows.
- Geometric Data: Manipulate, edit, and convert UGrids, scatter sets, and meshes
- Map Module: Manipulate coverage data, trim arcs using polygons, convert arcs to polygons
- GIS Data: Manipulate raster and Lidar data, blend rasters, and perform multisource raster interpolation
- Datasets: Perform mathematical operations and operate on datasets attached meshes, scatter sets, or UGrids
- Hydraulic Structures: Create bridge footprints
- ADCIRC Model: Add features to an ADCIRC model, validate/edit levees
- Other tools: Numerous additional tools are available and new tools will be added in future updates of SMS
New Display Themes
- New Display Themes - Create collections of specific display option settings that can be saved and applied to other projects
- New Contour label display options
- Expanded display options for GIS module data
User Requested Features
- List of 5 most recent projects shown in the File menu with a link to access project history for up to 100 projects
- "CAD" style commands
- Specify arc/line length
- Trim/extend arc
- Create horizontal/vertical segments
- Drag/move an arc
- Expanded Plot Wizard dialog
CMS Wave Interface Updates
The CMS Wave interface has been updated improve performance and support the latest model features including structures.
New general and model-specific tutorials published to the SMS Learning Center:
- Bridge Meshing
- Datasets to Rasters
- Display Themes
- Display Themes - Additional
- Display Themes - Vector
- Floodway Methods
- Interpolating from Multiple Elevation Sources
- Sediment Volume Management
- UGrid Clipping
- Variable Resolution Cell-Centered Grid
- EWN Add ADCIRC Levee to Mesh
- EWN Feature to Mesh
- SRH-2D Pressure Flow with 3D Bridges
- SRH-2D Reports
- SRH-2D Variable Flow Sediment Transport
- TUFLOW FV
As always, our comprehensive tutorials are free to download and provide step-by-step instruction on using SMS. Download tutorials at the SMS Learning Center
Improved TUFLOW FV Interface
The interface for TUFLOW FV has been updated to provided full custom support and compatibility with the current TUFLOW FV model release.
Engineering with Nature (EWN)
SMS 13.2 includes tools for implementing engineering features from natural environments in your model. Polygons are created to spatially delineate and classify levees, mangroves, marshes, and beaches/dunes.
ADCIRC Interface Updates
- Improved importing of ADCIRC native files (fort.14/grd, fort.15/ctl, fort.13)
- Mapped boundary condition visualization
- New interface to tidal databases
- Levee verification/editing tools
Toolbox for DMI Models
Python scripts are now supported for numerical model interfaces built with the Dynamic Model Interface.
AdH Model Update
SMS now supports version 4.6 of AdH.
The following is a list of the more significant changes and new features available in SMS 13.1.