Aquaveo develops state of the art Civil Engineering software products. The company provides online documentation for their software products in the form of a media wiki web site (similar to Wikipedia). The successful applicant for this position will help maintain the media wiki installation and assist in applying new mediawiki extensions to make the most of this powerful forum.
- The candidate will edit and format documentation describing the functions and capabilities of the four separate packages developed at Aquaveo.
- The candidate will research media wiki extensions and utilities to facilitate the application of this documentation.
- The candidate will manage a table of contents for each software program to organize the media wiki articles.
- Training and/or experience in writing or technical writing. A degree (BA or BS) in writing related field preferred.
- Familiarity with media wiki formats including the ability to generate media wiki articles including text, tables, images, equations, templates ….
- Detail oriented with attention to consistency and style.
- Experience or training with media wiki extensions such as the “Collection Extension”, wiki->pdf, wiki->doc and DocToHelp.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and maintain good relationships..
- Technical writing.
- Experience with Mediawiki.
- Experience with wiki->pdf.
- Experience with wiki->doc.
- Experience with DocToHelp.
Location: Provo, Utah
Salary Range: Unspecified (part or full time paid internship)
To apply, please mail, email or fax a cover letter specifying the job for which you are applying (including reference number) and a complete resume including the names of three professional references.
3210 N. Canyon Road
Provo, Utah 84604