GMS is the premier groundwater software solution
to develop, characterize & visualize groundwater models
in a 3D environment
Flexible modeling approaches
GMS pioneered the conceptual model approach. Build a conceptual model by constructing a high level representation of the model using familiar GIS objects: points, arcs and polygons. Work with large, complex models in a simple and efficient manner by using the conceptual modeling approach and easily update or change the model as needed.
Conceptual modeling in GMS starting at $2,850
For models with simple geometry and boundary conditions, use the grid approach and edit values directly in the grid.
Grid modeling in GMS starting at $1,250 (including 3D visualization)
3D visualization optimized for performance
GMS is the most advanced software system available for performing groundwater simulations in a three-dimensional environment.
- Interact with models in true 3D
- Optimized OpenGL graphics for improved hardware rendering
- Create photo-realistic renderings
- Generate animations for PowerPoint or web presentations
- Drape images over the model and control the opacity
- Annotations – Add north arrows, scale bars, reference images, company logos, and more
Import what you need
Models require data from many different sources. That’s why GMS is built to easily import numerous file types:
- Raster images including georeference and projection support
- Topographical maps & elevation data
- Borehole data including stratigraphy and geophysical data
- Native MODFLOW files
- MODFLOW files from Visual MODFLOW, Groundwater Vistas and PM Win
- Web data services such as TerraServer
- ArcGIS geodatabases and shapefiles
- CAD files including .dwg, .dgn, and .dxf formats
- Worldwide projection support including Cartesian and Geographic Systems
- File Import wizard for delimited text files and spreadsheets
Advanced subsurface characterization
From cross-section editing to advanced probability statistics, GMS offers unparalleled subsurface modeling tools.
- Generate iso-surfaces from 3D data to visualize plumes
- Cut cross-sections anywhere through 3D data
- 2D & 3D geostatistics – Kriging, IDW and Natural Neighbor
- Robust and fast algorithms to create solids from horizons
Software from an Industry Leader
GMS is developed by Aquaveo, an engineering services company with many years of experience developing groundwater modeling solutions.
- Step-by-step tutorials and how-to videos
- Online community forum and product documentation
- Phone and email technical support
- Regularly scheduled training courses taught by expert modelers
- On-site training available
- Professional consulting services
GMS 9.1 System Requirements
- RAM: 512 MB (2GB Recommended)
- RAM: 1 GB (4GB Recommended)
- RAM: 1 GB (4GB Recommended)
- CPU: GMS software is CPU intensive. Some models and utilities such as Parallel PEST can take advantage of multiple processor cores simultaneously.
- Graphics Card: For all display features to be enabled, OpenGL 1.5 or higher must be supported. The use of a dedicated graphics card is strongly recommended. Integrated graphics can result in significantly reduced performance and may not support some visualization features.
- Display Resolution: 1024 x 768 or greater