The Next Level in 2D Hydraulic Modeling
What is RiverFLO-2D?
RiverFLO-2D v3 is a two-dimensional hydraulic and mobile bed model for rivers. It offers remarkably stable and fast finite element computations, accounting for subcritical and supercritical flows using refined flexible triangular-element meshes. RiverFLO-2D provides a number of high performance capabilities including 2D flood routing over alternative wet and dry river bed conditions and parallelized computational engine for faster simulations.
RiverFLO-2D Main Features
RiverFLO-2D v3 can tackle complex river hydraulics projects and sediment transport with bed erosion and deposition.
Some of the main model features include:
- Flexible triangular-element mesh with unlimited refinement.
- Stable and robust handling of dry and wet bed
- Subcritical and supercritical flows
- Unlimited number of inflow and outflow boundaries
- 1D Culvert dynamic discharge calculations (inlet and outlet control) to convey flow between two elements using Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) formulas
- Bridge piers component
- Model engine automatically makes use of multiple-core processors for faster computations
- Bed erosion and deposition simulation in 2D using one of nine sediment discharge formulas (Meyer-Peter & Muller, Ackers-White, Yang (sand), Yang (gravel), Karim-Kennedy, Van Rijn, Engelund-Hansen, and Parker-Klingeman-McLean, and rating curves)
- English and metric units
- Large set of open boundary condition options
- Comprehensive output files
- Coupling with other models such as PTM (Particle Tracking Model)
RiverFLO-2D v3 Strengths
- Robust dry-wet bed algorithm. RiverFLO-2D v3 allows modeling using meshes with large dry areas that can be flooded over the progression of a hydrograph, maintaining very stable results without generating numerical surging.
- Extensively tested. RiverFLO-2D v3 has been tested using ASCE 3D Flow Model Verification and Validation Committee guidelines. The model has been used in river projects worldwide in a broad range of hydraulic conditions, where it has replicated observed historic data.
- Stability. RiverFLO-2D v3 stable computational engine generates reliable results under a wide set of river conditions and hydraulic regimes.
- Extensible. RiverFLO-2D is continuously being upgraded with improved functionality and new components. Forthcoming additions will offer an advection-dispersion module for pollutant transport simulations.
- Comprehensive Technical Support. When modeling with RiverFLO-2D v3 you can count with comprehensive technical support provided by expert hydraulic engineers with many years of practical modeling experience.
Get Started with SMS & RiverFLO-2D
RiverFLO-2D integrates seamlessly with SMS. The SMS team works closely with the model developers at Hydronia to create an advanced, easy-to-use solution for river hydraulics and flood modeling. Try RiverFLO-2D & SMS with a free trial. Visit the Download Center for the latest full installation of SMS. Visit the Learning Center for SMS and RiverFLO-2D tutorials.
Contact us today:
801 691-5528 or