RiverFLO-2D by Hydronia
The Next Level in 2D Hydraulic Modeling
Method:2D Finite Element
Why RiverFLO-2D with SMS?
SMS supports RiverFLO-2D through the Generic Model Interface offering a simple way to set model parameters and a graphical user interface to run the model and visualize the results. Gather background data from a variety of sources from GIS to CAD and access online data from numerous databases of maps, images, and elevation data. SMS allows you to interact with models in true 3D taking advantage of optimized OpenGL graphics and to create photo-realistic renderings and animations for PowerPoint, print, and web presentations.
RiverFLO-2D v3 is a two-dimensional hydraulic and mobile bed model for rivers. It offers remarkably stable and fast finite element computations, accounting for subcritical and supercritical flows using refined flexible triangular-element meshes. RiverFLO-2D provides a number of high performance capabilities including 2D flood routing over alternative wet and dry river bed conditions and parallelized computational engine for faster simulations.
Some of the main model features include:
- Flexible triangular-element mesh with unlimited refinement.
- Stable and robust handling of dry and wet bed
- Subcritical and supercritical flows
- Unlimited number of inflow and outflow boundaries
- 1D Culvert dynamic discharge calculations (inlet and outlet control) to convey flow between two elements using Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) formulas
- Bridge piers component
- Model engine automatically makes use of multiple-core processors for faster computations
- Bed erosion and deposition simulation in 2D using one of nine sediment discharge formulas (Meyer-Peter & Muller, Ackers-White, Yang (sand), Yang (gravel), Karim-Kennedy, Van Rijn, Engelund-Hansen, and Parker-Klingeman-McLean, and rating curves)
- English and metric units
- Large set of open boundary condition options
- Comprehensive output files
- Coupling with other models such as PTM (Particle Tracking Model)
- Robust dry-wet bed algorithm. RiverFLO-2D v3 allows modeling using meshes with large dry areas that can be flooded over the progression of a hydrograph, maintaining very stable results without generating numerical surging.
- Extensively tested. RiverFLO-2D v3 has been tested using ASCE 3D Flow Model Verification and Validation Committee guidelines. The model has been used in river projects worldwide in a broad range of hydraulic conditions, where it has replicated observed historic data.
- Stability. RiverFLO-2D v3 stable computational engine generates reliable results under a wide set of river conditions and hydraulic regimes.
- Extensible. RiverFLO-2D is continuously being upgraded with improved functionality and new components. Forthcoming additions will offer an advection-dispersion module for pollutant transport simulations.
- Comprehensive Technical Support. When modeling with RiverFLO-2D v3 you can count with comprehensive technical support provided by expert hydraulic engineers with many years of practical modeling experience.